Fitness Photography Preparation Guideline
Consult physician for your fitness photography preparation
Table of contents
Fitness photography preparation is very important to your safety. Getting a fitness photography session done can be quite exciting. Even though preparing for one can be a handful. Especially if you want a fitness photography session as it includes preparation. One thing to keep in mind before undergoing any harsh exercise routine or medications, is to always consult a physician or a doctor for the perfect way to do a fitness photography preparation. Extreme workouts and strong medications can wreak havoc on your body if not controlled in the right way. Talk to your doctor and see what they recommend for a healthy diet and workout to get you ready.
A list of recommendations:
To make it easier for you, we have come up with a list of fitness photography preparation things you need to do and take care of, before coming for your session.
- A few days before the session, make sure you avoid things that aid water retention like salt. Even out your tan avoid bringing any clothing which reveals your tan lines – unless of course you want them to be seen. Try out all the clothes you might wear during the photo shoot and make sure they all fit properly and do not give out a “worn-out” look.
- If you plan on doing your own hair and makeup, be sure to practice a few times. And as you might have noticed, models in fitness shoots are almost completely hairless on the body. A hairy body does not compliment your muscles, so try and shave it off for a neat and clean look. Also, make sure your facial hair is well-trimmed and presentable. A clean shave will be the preferred option, but you can opt for a short, neat stubble.
- On the day of your fitness photography session bring in as many clothes and props you wish. You can never overdo it. And a fitness shoot also calls for a large towel and some wet wipes. Many things that may look good, may look bad through the lens. Try to keep your outfit plain so the emphasis remains on your body. Do not opt for heavily printed designs. You can have some statement accessories and makeup to add an “oomph” factor, though.
Discuss your goals
- Make sure to start relaxing a few days before the shoot. You will be benefiting your shoot in ways you cannot imagine. Stress shows on your face and body. In fact, stress can also cause you to get pimples and red spots, which you do not wish to have during a fitness photo shoot because most of your body will be bare and visible.
- Before the photo shoot, talk to your photographer and plan out some shots. Discuss what your goal is and what you wish to achieve out of the shoot. The photographer will be able to guide you for some further tips and tricks which can make your shoot even better.
For several fitness
I have used Aaron Wilson Photography for several fitness and boudoir photoshoots in the past 3 years. Aaron, owner is always punctual at location sets (travels as far as Stinson Beach to San Francisco, CA), really takes the time to get positioning and shots right. He allows me to view pictures taken and edits wonderfully.
If your looking for a quality photographer who has been in the industry and passionate about what he does, Aaron is your guy!
Smooth and Professional!
Smooth and Professional!
Team showed up on time. Location was planned ahead. Service and accommodation was outstanding. Great team to work with.
Professional, Personable, and Comfortable
"For me a photo shoot can be a little nerve racking and scary as you don’t know what to expect. Aaron and his wife Vicky made me feel comfortable which allowed me to do my fitness and produce shots that were completely natural, candid, and my authentic self. Both are super easy to work with and professional. Looking forward to the next shoot."
Finally, make sure you show up on time, or even better, earlier than the appointment. This will help you get your mind a little more relaxed and help you get mentally prepared for your fitness photography session.